Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dungeons & Dragons 30 Day Challenge: Day 6 – Favorite Deity

Favorite Deity… man, this is a tough one, because I don’t often play a cleric or other divine classes, and most of the time I’m the DM, so I usually end up playing whatever deity is needed for the story. Plus, there were so many pantheons and mythos available in D&D over the years, including all the ones made up for the various settings as well as the real world mythos that were made available in various incarnations of the Deities and Demigods books.

However, in really thinking about it, I think if it came down to it and I had to pick just one deity that I really liked above all the others, it would be the Raven Queen.

I mean, let’s be honest, she’s a total bad-ass. She went from being the girlfriend of the old God of the Dead only to kick his ass and take his place. Then, she went on to demand the portfolio of winter as payment for her participation in a godly war. She’s fair in her judgments of the dead, manages to be one of the few neutral gods that is actual neutral, and her most hated enemy is Orcus. How cool is that?

Plus, I’m kind of a Neil Gaiman fan, and I love the idea of a death goddess that looks like Death from the Sandman graphic novels.

So, there you have it. Short write up today, but I just didn't have much to say about this one.


Until next time, keep remembering the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment