Sunday, June 5, 2011

Charlie Comes Home

This is a story I felt inspired to write today after talking my morning walk. It turned out to be exactly 100 words, which I think is pretty cool. So, please enjoy.

****

Charlie Comes Home

Charlie looked across the street. No car in the driveway. Good. That meant that Dan wasn’t home yet. Quickly, he sprinted across the street towards the side gate to the backyard. He leaped up onto the boxes by the fence and over, and then slipped in through the back window. Just in time to hear the car pull up. He quickly curled up on the couch and a few moments later, Dan walked in.

“Charlie, I’m home!” Dan called, and Charlie looked up. “Ah, another long day of doing noting, I see.”

“Meow,” Charlie replied, and Dan rubbed his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment