Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tiny Tales Tuesday: Gravity

I just wanted to start this post by saying I'm sorry I missed my post yesterday. It's been crazy busy at work, and as my lunch break is where I normally write these posts, I kinda missed it yesterday. But, that's the danger of working in the flower industry during Mother's Day.

In the mean time, please enjoy today's Tiny Tales. Once again, it was my entry in Leah Petersen's Weekly 5 Minute Fiction contest. The prompt was Gravity, and I think this was pretty good myself.

*****

Gravity. It’s not something you really think about, until you were pulled into a massive gravity well.

And, brother, that’s what was happening to me.

Oh, not a planetary gravity well, of course. I’m talking about the gravity of a woman. A very particular woman. Doctor Sandra Parks. She was the new resident at the facility where I worked. One of those rare specimens, a woman physicist. And the moment I first saw her, I was sucked into that gravity well she exerted, and have been unable to escape ever since.

At first, I tried to deny it. I was a professional, there was no way I could be pulled into a woman just like that. But then she blinked those amazing gray eyes, and I knew it was a lie.

Now, I admit it. I’m lost. I’m deeply and totally in love with this beautiful woman, this amazingly smart woman that is going to change the way the world looks at the universe. And every day I work hard to get the courage to go up to her, to talk to her, to ask her out.

But as trapped as I am in her gravity, I always hesitate. Because I can’t help but think.

Would a scientist like her ever go out with a janitor like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment