Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tiny Tales Tuesday: The Lazy Superhero

So, once again, my post today is the story I entered into this week's 5 Minute Fiction. It's on a tour right now, so go check out it's home for this week:

http://monibw.blogspot.com/

The prompt today was "lazy" and as I was listening to The Red Panda on a podcast just before the contest started, I was influenced. And this is what I came up with. Now, looking back at it, I must say... I think I'll have to return to John and Gail and see what it means to be a lazy, slacker superhero. Could be fun. :)

In the mean time, enjoy!

****

“Are you really going to just sit there and do nothing?” Gail screamed.

“I don’t see why not,” John replied. “I’m comfortable.”

“Do you know what is going on out there?” Gail asked.

John propped himself up on the couch with one elbow and peered out the window.

“Looks like a giant robot is rampaging around the city. Again.”

“Exactly,” Gail said. “And don’t you think you ought to be doing something about it?”

John took a deep breath and sighed. “You know, it’s at times like these that I really hate my dad. Imagine leaving this kind of responsibility to me.”

He clicked off the TV and stared at Gail, who was putting her hands on her hips and grinding her teeth. He smiled slightly. She was sexy when she did that.

“Okay, okay,” he said, pushing up self off the couch and stretching as he stood. “Let’s get to the secret lair and change into costume. Hopefully, this robot will be as easy to beat as those aliens were last week. I can get back in time for Robot Chicken.”

“I swear,” Gail said, pushing the button on the bookshelf that opened the secret tunnel. “You are the LAZIEST super-hero in the world!”

No comments:

Post a Comment